Thursday, January 21, 2010

Featured Post

Hi, Welcome to Anak Boyan Singapura Blog. I'm Zul also known as Abang Long. I'm the blog owner of this blog. "Anak Boyan Singapura" means Boyanese Singaporean Child in direct translation. This blog revolves around my life and my thoughts.

Read through below to know more about Abang Long.



Photobucket

Who is Abang Long?
My name is Muhamad Zulhairy and you can call me Abang Long. Basically, 'Abang Long' means Eldest Brother in direct Malay translation. I'm the eldest brother of 2 siblings, a brother and a sister. I've other nicknames but I prefer to be called 'Abang Long' or 'Along' for short.


What is Anak Boyan Singapura?
As stated above, 'Anak Boyan Singapura' means Boyanese Singaporean Child in direct translation. Those three words sums up my nationality, where I stay and my race.


Reason Why You Set-up This Blog?
The reason I set up a blog is hugely because I want to chart different phases of my life. The blog started way back in January 2004 where it was a personal blog. I want to note down the events that happen through my life. We live only once and I want to remember all these events again sometime in the future.


Hobbies?
I'm a big fan of Liverpool. I've been supporting them since I was 10 years old. I've grown up to the ups and downs of Liverpool and will always remain loyal. I'm a fan of Steven Gerrard but he's not my favourite player. I have a kick-a-bout with my friends once in a while in neighbourhood parks.

I'm also a huge fan of running. I like any sorts of running activities like jogging, sprinting or going through a maraton. Recently, I managed to go through the full marathon run in 2009 where I participated in Adidas Sundown.

I love taking photos. The hobby started way back in 2006 when I own my own digital camera but the hobby hits a new level since getting to know Marffin. We love taking photos of each other, scenery, buildings and all of sorts of things that might interest us.


You've always talk about your activities together with Marffin. But who is Marffin? Is she a real person?
Haha. Yes, she is a real person. She's my childhood sweetheart.


Is that all you can tell us?
For the time being, yes. But you'll get to know her in blogs to come.


Ohh,ok. Achievements?
I've many in my life and I have sweet memories of every single one of them. But the most memorable three will be:

1) Reaching summit of Mount Kinabalu at the age of 14. I was picked together with about 20-30 guys among a group of 60 to be chosen to go for the expedition. I have to thanked my teacher, Mr Chua for having faith in me although the other teacher didn't agree with Mr Chua's choice. I was glad to prove that teacher wrong by reaching to the summit while some of his chosen students didn't managed to hit the top. I was really proud of myself back then.

2) Performing foot drills with my Drill Squad in front of 1000+ of people. It was a memorable moment for me. I've always wanted to be a National Day Parade Sergeant Major. To be able to perform in front of the country. But winning the Drill Squad Competition and performing infront of the school is the next big thing. Competing against 9 other companies, my drill squad was the champion of that batch. Performing infront of School Commanding Officer and other big names was memorable for me. Too bad the squad didn't managed to perform during their Passing Out Parade in front of their parents.

3) Lastly, to be able to be in contact with Marffin again. Priceless!


Any message to the readers?
1) If you have stumbled upon this blog by chance, well I bid you welcome. Do subscribe to this blog.

2) Do read 'About the Blog' section to know more about the blog.

3) Feel free to leave me a message if you have any questions or feedback. Feedback about anything; my style of blog, myself, comments, etc

4) Do come back again next time.

No comments: